Partnering for Change (P4C) OT Modules
What are the P4C OT Modules?
The Partnering for Change (P4C) OT Modules consist of 7 distinct educational modules, each with a specific learning focus. The Modules are designed to assist occupational therapists in acquiring the baseline knowledge and skills required to implement the P4C model of service effectively.
The Modules are intended to support school-based occupational therapists in making a significant shift in their practice; moving from an impairment-focused, one-to-one model of rehabilitation service to the P4C Model of service, which is a population-based, occupation-focused approach aimed at improving participation, building capacity, and fostering self- and family-management. The content of the Modules was chosen to best support occupational therapists in making the transition to this new model of practice.
What do the P4C OT Modules Include?
The Partnering for Change (P4C) OT Modules consist of 7 distinct educational modules, each with a specific learning focus.
- Module 1: The Partnering for Change (P4C) Model and Facilitating Sustainability
- Module 2: Understanding the P4C Model: Response to Intervention, Universal Design for Learning/Health Promotion and Differentiated Instruction/Screening
- Module 3: Assessment within the P4C Model
- Module 4: OT Intervention at the Accommodation Tier: Mediational Techniques and M.A.T.C.H. Strategies
- Module 5: Promoting Sustainable Change through Knowledge Translation and Coaching
- Module 6: Understanding the Ontario School System: Speaking the Same Language
- Module 7: Consent and Documentation in the P4C Model
NEW! Purchase of the P4C OT Modules now includes The P4C Mentorship Guide, developed to provide mentors with tips and strategies for supporting OTs through the process of implementing the P4C model.
Structure of the Modules:
Each module is structured in a similar manner and includes:
- Learning Objectives
- Brief Introduction
- Tasks, Activities, and Reflective Questions, for example:
◦ Required Readings
◦ Handouts Educational
◦ Case Scenarios
◦ Reflection-based Questions